Chatter, A Zend Framework 2 Module
March 01, 2014
Update: This project is permanently archived
Chatter is a forum module designed for Zend Framework 2. It was designed to be featureful, speedy, but most importantly very easy to set up and maintain. It provides the concepts of a user profile, forums and subforums, threads, comments & replies to comments. It is somewhat themeable, and has some concept of user permissions and private forums.
It also has some limited rich embedding support: its possible to embed youtube videos and images directly in posts.
It is freely available on Github. This module requires ZfcBase & ZfcUser.
- User accounts (utilises ZfcUser for signup/login)
- Avatars and signatures on posts+profile
- Subforums w/ descriptions
- Post editing
- Private subforums
- Media embedding via metatags (img, url, video)
- Administrator thread pinning
- Complete pagination support for threads and pages
- Custom password reset & authentication
There is no longer any application running this module. An archive of the university society website I designed and build circa. 2013 can be built with docker to experience it. See https://github.com/Galaco/dmvgs.co.uk to demo it yourself.
However, I managed to recover and obtain screen captures of their skinned forum:
Top page forum listing with grouping
Viewing a single forum
THread creation form
Single thread view
Meta tags to embed links, images and Youtube videos; also supports Bold, Italic, and colouring any text
Repository: View Github repository
- A PHP web server running a Zend Framework 2 installation